About Me

My photo
I'm living Guatemala for 2 years to serve as a Peace Corps Volunteer. This blog is to stay in touch with family and friends about my adventures. It does not reflect the beliefs of the United States government, Peace Corps, nor the people or government of Guatemala.

Sunday, July 4, 2010

Happy 4th

Obviously the best dressed award goes to me and Evan


Alrighty, so it has finally come and gone... the 4th of July passed with a big bang and was probably one of my favorite memories so far here in Guate. The build up was pretty huge. A big party with 220+ of your closest "american" friends, how could you not be excited? It was a weekend of reuniting and it helped me realize how much my life has changed these first 3 months of service. I've been feeling like things are going well and life seemed pretty normal. I had forgotten about the tourist haven that is Antigua and how much fun it is to go there with 220+ of your closest friends. It made me realize how much I love a lot of my training group and how much I miss them. We will be reunited again soon but until then it's back to work. I've moved upstairs into my apartment so it's time to organize and get that taken care of. Also this little kitten of mine goes through separation anxiety every time I leave hence right now she is sitting on my lap. Overall things are good. I feel like I really celebrated the 4th well this year and I'm excited for the upcoming weeks.

Also Happy 6 months in country!!!

2 comments:

  1. And a belated Happy 4th of July to you Lauren. Brent has allowed me, his mother, Karen, to "visit" his friends' blogs.
    Wait, I recognize that guy in the purple...it's Brent!
    I admire your PC commitment and dedication to a greater cause. Am glad you have connected w/ such a great group of volunteers in Guatemala.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lauren, Brent here. It sounds like I'm in the photo above, dressed in purple. Just admiring your blog. Proud of you.

    ReplyDelete