About Me

My photo
I'm living Guatemala for 2 years to serve as a Peace Corps Volunteer. This blog is to stay in touch with family and friends about my adventures. It does not reflect the beliefs of the United States government, Peace Corps, nor the people or government of Guatemala.

Thursday, August 5, 2010

Market Day

The month of July has flown by and tomorrow makes 7 months! I really can't believe it. We had so many conferences this month and Betty's parents visited for the last week as well. So things were busy busy busy and it keeps on being busy. With lots of school visits to make this month, Betty and I are trying to stay on our toes. Going to school, fixing up our apartments and keeping up with our pets... Ok it sounds a lot more busy than it actually is. We have adapted to the lifestyle of not being able to multi-task or work for long hours. It just makes you so tired. Anyway, things are falling back onto normal schedule because we don't have any more meetings at the center for a while and we are just able to focus on life at home in Tecpan.

I'm trying to get the house cleaned up after I returned to a DISASTER. Who knew a small kitten could do so much damage. It was disgusting and awfully messy when I returned after 3 nights away from home. This little kitten is so needy. She wakes me up everyday for feeding at 6ish... Then constantly has to be with me and cries when I don't give her every ounce of my attention but I guess that is ok because she loves me and even though sometimes when I go to sleep I'm alone, she's always with me and for the moment without Fleas.

In other news, Today I went to the market and did some serious shopping. I bought Veggies which are currently sitting in Chlorine in order to be edible. I bought 2 knives, a pineapple and some HONEY! However, I'm not so sure about the honey. It tastes like syrup... processed syrup. But maybe that was just because it isn't as good as Woodland Ave Honey. I don't know. I'm pretty sure it's not syrup. It looks like Honey. and Syrup would be more expensive than Honey and I only paid 10Q for the bottle... So we'll see. I'll try again. I really am going to try to start a Honey project with my friend who is working on a Tea Farm in Alta Verapaz. That could be really fun and a nice chance to perfect my bee skills. They are definitely rusty.

I guess things are moving along slowly but surely and I'll try to keep you guys updated on my happenings but I mean not a lot happens. Anyway, love and miss.


HONEY


My widdle baby that drives me crazy


Little Manchitas loves to Cholorinate veggies

1 comment:

  1. Well, it looks like honey....maybe the flowers there make it taste like syrup???? sort of....
    Chlorinated veggies sounds yucky....don't they absorb it and then taste bad??? Manchita is so cute....she needs you!!

    ReplyDelete