About Me

My photo
I'm living Guatemala for 2 years to serve as a Peace Corps Volunteer. This blog is to stay in touch with family and friends about my adventures. It does not reflect the beliefs of the United States government, Peace Corps, nor the people or government of Guatemala.

Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Happy Birthday Lady Sadie Pickles

Well today is my little kitten's one month birthday! How exciting... I think I've decided on the name (Lady) Sadie (Pickles) because I wasn't sure about Sadie but I just haven't gotten anything else... And I love Lady and Pickles as well, so all together I think it is a winning combination. Today was just your typical Tuesday. Meeting with our CTA and trying to get the last few schools out of the way so we can really begin to work with our program. I don't have too much exciting news. Betty and I are still just adjusting to life here. I've been spending my time doing some of the following:

1. Watching 30 Rock
2. Buying house items such as tables or baskets to hold things (table count- 2 Baskets-4)
3. Poster and Project Planning for introducing Healthy Schools
4. Sleeping with my awesome down comforter
5. Planning to begin my Mayan Kakchikel lessons as well as teaching English to my host dad and his grandchildren
6. Making skype dates... we should chat!
7. Thinking about other things I should buy for my new Apartment
8. Planning a baby shower for this weekend with my host mom for her niece.

I think that's the most exciting news for now. Just trying to take things one day at a time still and getting ready for more adventures. Lots of love to the states... and send birthday wishes to Lady... I really hope I don't become a crazy cat lady at 23... or ever!

2 comments:

  1. apparently you are already a crazy cat lady...don't waste your energy fighting it...it's genetic. What are "Mayan Kakchikel lessons"? is that some kind of dancing? maybe it is a handi-craft? will Lady pickles join you and learn a kitty version as well?
    LUVLUVLUV

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mayan Katchikel lessons are lessons to learn the Mayan language of Katchikel... I don't think lady pickles will be picking that up... I don't want her to get confused... She's already bilingual! haha so ready for the job market. luv you too

    ReplyDelete