About Me

My photo
I'm living Guatemala for 2 years to serve as a Peace Corps Volunteer. This blog is to stay in touch with family and friends about my adventures. It does not reflect the beliefs of the United States government, Peace Corps, nor the people or government of Guatemala.

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Month Long Hiatus

So I wasn't planning on it but I ended up taking a month long hiatus from this blog due to the busy happenings of February. There have been lots of reunions, meetings, school visits and I just haven't found the time to post. Let's start with the beginning of the month and the superbowl. Lots of peace corps volunteers reunited and met up to watch the game in xela. It was very fun. It was a time to see people that I hadn't seen in a while and catch up with new people. I really enjoyed it. There have been other miscellaneous parties and celebrations since then. Including my birthday. For my 24th birthday we went to the waterpark here in Guatemala. It was so much fun. It was like a water park in the USA complete with lazy river and tons of crazy slides. I can't wait to go back. This past weekend was filled with other parties and goodbyes. It is sad to say so long to the "older" volunteers we looked up too and to realize how much I need to do in order to be a good volunteer to look up to for the newbies. So I'm still working on getting my schedule organized and keeping up with school visits and trainee visits here.

This weekend is another "despedida" or goodbye party and then marks the 2 weeks until the new volunteers swear-in and our grandparents leave. It is very bittersweet but the good news is we will be having a big party to welcome in the new and send out the old because this year is also the 50th anniversary of Peace Corps. So all in all lots of exciting, busy things have been going on and are yet to come. I've also forgotten my camera for most events so I don't have any new pictures to share but I'll make sure to include our 50th anniversary celebration photos and anything else exciting to come along. Thanks for reading. love

2 comments:

  1. Yea Lauren! Finally a post. Love You Mucho!
    love Love LOVE

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday! Could you re-do the math please...you can't possibly be that old

    ReplyDelete