About Me

My photo
I'm living Guatemala for 2 years to serve as a Peace Corps Volunteer. This blog is to stay in touch with family and friends about my adventures. It does not reflect the beliefs of the United States government, Peace Corps, nor the people or government of Guatemala.

Sunday, August 28, 2011

7 Months to Go!

So I'm getting into the home stretch. I've been in Guatemala for 20 months. I can't believe it. It feels like time has flown. I've still been trying to keep things on track. With studying and working. I had a nice interruption to every day life on my trip with Jessica. We had a great time going to the lake, Antigua, and spending a few days here. We were also able to go to Honduras for a few days. It was so fun and relaxing. Although there wasn't a lot to do in the town we went to; the Mayan ruins there are amazing. We played around the park for about 4 hours. Just looking at all cool old stuff. It was a really nice break and a great trip. Now it's almost September and things are really going to start moving quickly. With only 2 months left of school and the Guatemalan elections quickly approaching time is in a crunch. We are trying to get work done while waiting for this turn of events. The elections are causing a lot of increased tensions all over Guatemala which is hard to handle but I guess all part of the experience.


Jessica at the Lake


Tecpan Ruins


Map of Mayan Empire (pointing to Tecpan!)


My favorite little mayan dude


cool staircase

1 comment:

  1. Love the pictures! I have to get to see some more ruins! You stay safe and calm,low key.....
    love you much
    Mom

    ReplyDelete