About Me

My photo
I'm living Guatemala for 2 years to serve as a Peace Corps Volunteer. This blog is to stay in touch with family and friends about my adventures. It does not reflect the beliefs of the United States government, Peace Corps, nor the people or government of Guatemala.

Saturday, August 6, 2011

meals I've been cooking

So the past few weeks I've been cooking more. They've turned out pretty delicious. Tuesday we made spinach pasta bake with a cream sauce. It turned out really well, considering I have followed a recipe and just went with what sounded good.

Thursday we made some chocolate chip cookies. They were pretty alright. Some a little crispy and the lack of brown sugar made them more like sugar cookies with chocolate chips.

Saturday morning was chocolate chip and banana pancakes. Pretty good. I'm not a huge pancake person but these topped with some peanut butter, hit the b-fast spot.


Chocolate Chip and Banana Pancakes


Saturday dinner is my most proud dish yet. I made Eggplant Parmesan. It was so delish. I also added spinach and zucchini. I fried the eggplant in a rosemary, oregano, garlic and onion mix. Then topped it all with the spinach and parm cheese. YUM. It is definitely the dish I'm most proud of thus far. We'll see what the next week brings. YUM-O!

Eggplant Parmesan

2 comments:

  1. Que delicioso! Is that a word? Love you. Glad it turned out well!Everything looks good! Keep experimenting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum girl!!! Cookings definitely a good break from stress too.. Sorry I haven't been up on your blog lately. Miss you!

    ReplyDelete