About Me

My photo
I'm living Guatemala for 2 years to serve as a Peace Corps Volunteer. This blog is to stay in touch with family and friends about my adventures. It does not reflect the beliefs of the United States government, Peace Corps, nor the people or government of Guatemala.

Sunday, March 14, 2010

CHIMAL


So friends... I'm moving to Chimaltenango... Tecpan! I'm super pumped. We went there during field based training... so what I know thus far is that there are 7 hotels and a really great pizza place. It is a town of about 17,000 but the whole county has like 55,000 people. Betty and I are pretty stoked. The reveal was a bit intense. We had to close our eyes and be placed on a "life-size" map to then receive our folders full of all the hot spots in our new town. This week we will be visiting with our counterpart, ie the superintendent of schools in order to start planning our new jobs. We'll also get to do some exploring in Tecpan and find our new places of residence. It's a pretty exciting time.

3 comments:

  1. We are excited to visit!1Seems to be a great location, with Mayan ruins, beautiful lake, and You!!Yea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ok i'm putting tecpan in to google maps.....
    woohoo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i just google imaged it and got http://z.about.com/d/gocentralamerica/1/0/P/7/-/-/2G360ChimalP.jpg

    i like what i see!!

    ReplyDelete