About Me

My photo
I'm living Guatemala for 2 years to serve as a Peace Corps Volunteer. This blog is to stay in touch with family and friends about my adventures. It does not reflect the beliefs of the United States government, Peace Corps, nor the people or government of Guatemala.

Wednesday, March 10, 2010

So, Have you met Betty?


So yesterday was the big day where we learned our partners and it went pretty well. I am going to work with Betty. She is sweet. She is from Florida, went to Vanderbilt, we are good friends here and super pumped about working together. It was a relief to hear the name of someone I like and feel that I can not only tolerate but work well with for two years. Now it is just the stress of waiting for our site assignments on Friday. How exciting. It is weird to be waiting to hear about my new home! I wonder what it will be like... Betty and I have already decided we will be doing a lot of experimental cooking and perhaps some sewing. We also want to visit everyone from our group in all of their exciting places all over Guatemala! The tension has really been building these past few weeks but it is also good that we are so busy. We have lots of training assignments and last minute things to do before we are sworn in.

What an exciting time... As for now all is well. More news after Friday... wish me luck in my new site!

2 comments:

  1. nice picture! You look Happy!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lauren-uncle steve wants Betty's social security #, date of birth and full retinal scan so he can do a background check (how he will do that is a mystery...).
    We are ready to hear about your site assignment---and your sewing projects!
    love antsusan and uncle steve

    ReplyDelete