About Me

My photo
I'm living Guatemala for 2 years to serve as a Peace Corps Volunteer. This blog is to stay in touch with family and friends about my adventures. It does not reflect the beliefs of the United States government, Peace Corps, nor the people or government of Guatemala.

Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Sorry Sorry

Well, time has flown by... It´s already april. So much happened in March I can´t believe it. So here I am in site during semana santa just thinking about the whirlwind of the past few weeks. With site visit and swear in... so many exciting things happened it was hard to keep it all straight. It´s been pretty hot and kinda of sad to say goodbye to all of my trainee friends. We are so far apart. As for life here, things are good. My new host family is a sweet retired couple that I´m already in love with. I have my own room and bathroom and they let me eat with them. Dona Mercedes makes some pretty delicious beans... so I´m pretty happy. They are building a small apartment above their house and I´m hoping to move in there when it is finished. I´m really excited. This week is all about Semana Santa and Easter so there is not much work to be done. It is a strange transition from PCT to PCV but Betty and I are still trucking.

This friday we will be making an alfombra in front of my house and just using the holiday time to really get to know our host families and intergrate into our new Guatemalan community. I promise a better update next time but so far so good. Love you all and miss you too.

1 comment: