About Me

My photo
I'm living Guatemala for 2 years to serve as a Peace Corps Volunteer. This blog is to stay in touch with family and friends about my adventures. It does not reflect the beliefs of the United States government, Peace Corps, nor the people or government of Guatemala.

Monday, March 1, 2010

The Countdown Begins

With the beginning of a new month, it's time to start counting down. Sometimes when I think about all the crazy things that are going to happen in March, I get a little too excited... Let's start big and work our way down.
25 DAYS TIL SWEAR IN!!!! That means on March 25, we will all become volunteers and I'm so excited for that moment I can't hardly wait...

12 DAYS TIL SITE ASSIGNMENT!!! On March 12 I will know where I will be living for the next two years! YAY!

9 DAYS TIL PARTNERS! This one is the most scary because I mean spending two years with someone is a long time... So March 9th is d-day! I hope that I will be pleasantly surprised with my future bff!

2 DAYS TIL VOLUNTEER VISIT! So on Wednesday I will be going on a small viaje to Huehuetenago (way-way-tenango) and you guessed it, it's really far away... It is the department right below Mexico but apparently it is super beautiful and the volunteer I'm visiting used a horse to get around... so needless to say I'm pretty excited!

I think the most you can draw from this is that Marzo is going to be a very exciting and very busy month!

2 comments:

  1. Have a safe travel!Sounds like fun, don't ride the horse tho'???!!!! March is going to be the beginning of the adventure....and you thought it already began!xxxooo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everything is getting close so exciting! I have to say using a horse to get around would be amazing!!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete