About Me

My photo
I'm living Guatemala for 2 years to serve as a Peace Corps Volunteer. This blog is to stay in touch with family and friends about my adventures. It does not reflect the beliefs of the United States government, Peace Corps, nor the people or government of Guatemala.

Thursday, January 28, 2010

Jueves

Well, back in the internet cafe... These places are so funny. It´s like you forget how much we use the internet in the states until you get to a place where there is no internet and then you go to an internet cafe and you are super overwhelmed and don´t know what to do. Anywho, these past few days have been more relaxing. Just lots of spanish and homework and passing time with my family here.
I found out today that most likely I will be part of a program with a partner and we will work together to implement the healthy schools program in a ¨county¨here. It is kinda hard to explain and I think I´ll just wait until March 11 to give you all the details. Why March 11? Well that is site assignment day. Meaning that is the day when we find out where we will be living and exactly what we will be doing. It will be exciting. So I guess you guys will just have to wait like me.
In other news, life is pretty good. Next week we will begin working in the schools in our community to practice for our job. And in 2 weeks we will go on Field Base Training. It should be exciting. As for now, tomorrow we are going to a coffee farm and museum. Good times. Although, I´m just going to be sad that when we drink coffee it is instant coffee full of sugar. Ie not super tasty. It is just that real coffee is too expensive. But all is well here and next time you get the starbucks guatemalan blend, size up for me! love and miss you all.

1 comment:

  1. how crazy is it that the guatamala blend isn't available to the locals. something wrong there. you sound very relaxed. I am glad. maybe you are settling in to your new surroundings. i bet your language skills are great by know. keep talkin'
    loveantsusan

    ReplyDelete