About Me

My photo
I'm living Guatemala for 2 years to serve as a Peace Corps Volunteer. This blog is to stay in touch with family and friends about my adventures. It does not reflect the beliefs of the United States government, Peace Corps, nor the people or government of Guatemala.

Monday, January 4, 2010

Pre-Pre Departure

Well, today was supposed to be pretty uneventful. I only needed a few minor toiletries and little things but of course in the amazing store known as target... I found things I needed that I didn't know I did. It started with some appropriate "business casual" clothes that I need tomorrow for staging. I hope I will wear them again. I also purchased a new carry on bag. It's red. That's what's important. Also, it's really really full, with three days of clothes to wear in Guatemala as well as the computer, camera, journal, etc. I really can't imagine how all of my stuff fits or how I couldn't bring something. So, it's going to be some interesting travel days.

Today was also full of emotional phone calls. I know I'm not saying goodbye forever, but it is still hard to say bye for a little while. I think it is the uncertainty that makes it hard. My tear ducts are also incredibly sensitive, so I cry at the drop of a hat. I think that I'm ready now but I'm not sure. Tomorrow should be just as eventful but hopefully more exciting.

Oh and I almost forgot the most crazy detail of today. After I had packed my two suitcases and moved them downstairs. We discovered that the wheel on one suitcase was broken. Requiring a trip out to purchase a new, larger, better suitcase. That allows my luggage to be even heavier! I hope I can manage and that I won't be cursing myself for being such a terrible packer. It was great to have mom to help me weed out the unimportant things, like my backpacking chair. I mean really what was I thinking?!?! Anyway, more news tomorrow!

1 comment:

  1. Oh Lauren.....we needed to weed out more, but how to?? LOve you safe journey my sweet girl!!Mom

    ReplyDelete